Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreVirtual Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to serial port on Lefthand

Highlighted
Waynster
Occasional Visitor

Connect to serial port on Lefthand

I've got a bunch of lefthands with crocked ILO's that need to be updated to a new IP setting. As the Data Center Manager I can't just bring them down and F8 in to update it on reboot and these are critical systems which we'd rather let stay up

What I would like to do is update them from the CLI using the serial port - I know this is possible on Proliant servers - however I can't get the serial session to work on a Lefthand - I just get a strange greyed out character on every key press

I've tried Escape and Left parenthesis as per the Proliant servers but to no avail. I also can't find any documentation on connecting a serial port to these devices - anyone out there got any ideas?

Cheers

Wayne