1752592 Members
3119 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connection to Remove Management Group is Down

Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Connection to Remove Management Group is Down

I've got a cluster of x3650's that are unfortunately stuck on SAN/iQ 9.0.  I have a cluster that I am doing a remote snapshot to that are P4500G2's with SAN/iQ 9.5. 

After building the remote snapshot, which should work fine (as the remote cluster is a higher version than the local cluster), I receive notifications that "The connection to the remote management group 'remotegroupname' is 'Down'.  The remote snapshot seems to continue to copy, which means the warning notification is just annoying.  Still, as this is a supported method of doing remote snapshots, I'm curious why the message is being thrown.

Side note, I did have the same issue previously when upgrading my other 35 nodes to 9.5.  The warning went away once all clusters were at 9.5.  The x3650's still have a lot of life left in them and I'm stuck on 9.0 on them.  Just wondering if there is any official reason for this error.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Jitun
HPE Pro

Though the fix is not listed in Patchset 06 for SANiQ 9.0, have you Installed PatchSet 06 ?
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

I'm actually seeing this same issue on fully patch SAN I/Q 9.5 clusters. Local snapshot works but the remote snapshot keeps reporting the management group being down. When the remote snapshot is cancelled it then reports the management group is up.

The odd part is this works with the two clusters within the same subnet it's when I introduce layer-3 into the mix I'm having issues. All nodes have their default gateways provided and can correctly route traffic which is odd.

Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

I just started ignoring the error as the snapshots complete fine, it was just white noise.  But in response to Jitun (sorry for the long delay), we did have it patched fully.

I think the most recent patch, Set 07 may have resolved it fully for me.  Wondering if it was:

*False warning alarms were reported after upgrading the remote management group to a later version of SAN/iQ than the primary management group.*