Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreVirtual Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to Network RAID-5 From RAID-0??????

Mike J Herrera
Occasional Visitor

Convert to Network RAID-5 From RAID-0??????

I've got two P4500G2s configured as network RAID-0 (I had no choice at the time).

No we can afford two more P4500G2s. When I add then new ones to the cluster, will it let me change to network RAID-5?

I appreciate all input.

Thanks,

Mike
1 REPLY
teledata
Respected Contributor

Re: Convert to Network RAID-5 From RAID-0??????

Network RAID level can be changed dynamically on the fly, and can be configured on a per-volume basis.

HARDWARE RAID level is a per storage node setting (although it usually doesn't make sense to have different hardware RAID levels within a particular cluster) requires a re-stripe of the cluster.

You CAN change the storage node hardware RAID level, but only if ALL volumes are not Network RAID-0, and they would need to be removed from the cluster (one node at a time), reconfigured, re-added to the cluster, then the cluster gets re-striped, then you could move on to the next node.
http://www.tdonline.com