108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Direct attached p4300

SOLVED
Go to solution
fedor_1
Frequent Visitor

Direct attached p4300

Hello, My customer wants to connect 2 nodes of p4300 to two servers with direct attached cables, not through LAN switches like on next picture: Server1 port 1 to Node 1 port 1 Server 1 port 2 to Node 2 port 1 Server 2 port 1 to Node 1 port 2 Server 2 port 2 to Node 2 port 2 I doubt if possible at all. Will LeftHand work in such configuration? Thanks, Fedor.
4 REPLIES 4
Dirk Trilsbeek
Valued Contributor
Solution

the nodes wouldn't be able to see each other, therefore you would have two single nodes, each in its own management group. And that would be only the start of your problems, as Windows doesn't exactly like to have several NICs in the same subnet. So a server would probably only be able to see one of the nodes when they are in the same subnet. So you'd need different subnets for the connections and would have none of the lefthand features available. Sounds like a great plan to waste a lot of money...

fedor_1
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot for your replay, Dirk.

I have another ports on my nodes (1Gb), which I can use for communication between nodes

and with CMC

I can configure different subnets on different ports, so Windows hosts will see both nodes

and won't be confused

oikjn
Honored Contributor

its a SAN.  You need a switch.  If they want a DAS unit they should have gotten a SAS chassis.  If they have spare ports on a switch that can handle VLANs, put it on that, if not, get a moderately cheap switch and use it for your SAN.  I don't think its even possible to do what you are asking and it literally imits you (assuming its even possible) to two nodes and two servers max.  If that is all they want, then they shoudl sell the P4000 stuff and buy a DAS tray.

fedor_1
Frequent Visitor