1752717 Members
5703 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Disaster recovery backup for StoreVirtual 4000 10.x

psmiano
Visitor

Disaster recovery backup for StoreVirtual 4000 10.x

As the configuration backup option has been removed as of version 9.0 of the software, what is the preferred method for being able to back up the configuration of the SAN for disaster recovery purposes. I am talking about a REALLY bad day where I loose my data center due to fire or natural disaster and I only have a single site configuration.

I could certainly manually document all my servers, storage nodes, volumes, etc. but it seems there should be a better way.

Thanks,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
5y53ng
Regular Advisor

You could script the creation of the SAN, right down to assigning licenses. We did this in our shop using a combination of vbs and the CLIQ.  Once the network, hosts, and VSAs are configured, the creation of the SAN takes about 15 minutes. (6 storage nodes with 13 volumes)

We use a predefined list of MAC addresses (VMware) on our VSAs, so assuming those are set correctly the script can identify each VSA and assign the appropriate license.

Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

For P4000 SAN solutions querries you can also visit the HP Guided troubleshooting tree.

Below is the link for HPGT:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-905&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=304617&h_audience=smb&h_client=s-h-e010-1&h_audiencerestrict=true&lang=en&cc=us

I work for HP

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!