108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Email Notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tobez
Advisor

Email Notification

When i open the CMC, click the group then events - emails. I get this message "Unable to get settings because of a CIM and/or management gateway issue."

Where do i start?

11 REPLIES 11
Tobez
Advisor

Since this is a client system, i just want to know if i update the components and softeware version. Do i have to restart the server or reconfigure CMC?

Robert Lennie
Advisor

A call into support would have them apply a patch. The same patch/fix was released some time ago - Patch 20031 fixes the CIMserver problem..
Tobez
Advisor

I don't have a SAID for support.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

is this in a cluster or just a lone node?  I found sometimes stopping/starting the storage manager on a node does help (if rebooting the node is not ideal).

Tobez
Advisor

After the patch i got a few emails but i still can't test the email. i think it might be a DNS issue since i can't ping the name server from tcp/ip SAN network.

How do you configure DNS in CMC?

Tobez
Advisor

There is a clustor with 2 nodes,

How do i restart the node ?

Tobez
Advisor

If i stop the manager and restart it, will i lose any data or configuration?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please verify before if U have quorum (a majority of managers running - meaning more than 2 or 4). If this is the case U can restart a manager... You will not loose data nor configuration...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Tobez
Advisor

1 management group running

I tried patching the CMC with SET 05, still can't configure email.