4869 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Expected failover time SV3200 iSCSI ESXi6.5

Juergen Lauber
Occasional Visitor

Expected failover time SV3200 iSCSI ESXi6.5

Hello,

I have a small site with 3ESXi 6.5 hosts connected via 10G iSCSI to on SV3200 with actual three LUNs. Trying to show the customer the failover from one controller to the second one, we had a failover time of over half a minute pulling one controller out of the shelf, is this a normal behaviour?

Thx

Juergen

4 REPLIES 4
Ravi_K
HPE Pro

Re: Expected failover time SV3200 iSCSI ESXi6.5

hi Juergen

No it is not mormal and this issue was seen with SANiQ 13.5 , are you still running SANiQ 13.5? if so, recommend you to upgarde to 13.6 and also it is recommended to have even number of volumes.

Regards

Ravi

Accept or Kudo

Juergen Lauber
Occasional Visitor

Hi Ravi,

we are already running 13.6 and have an even number of HDDs. In the meantime we also upgreded to a 2nd SV3200, bringing site redundancy, so we have 4 controllers over all and we are still facing the problems.

Juergen

Ravi_K
HPE Pro

hi Juergen

I meant even number of Volumes not HDDs( HDDs will have to be even in number anyway). In fact to be specific have 4 volumes created/presented and also if you have set up a multisite, change it to single site and make sure to have active connections across the controllers and not just to 1 controller.

If all of above is already in place, i would recoomend to engage HPE support and have support bundle reviewed.

Accept or Kudo

Implementing multi-site SAN is actually Synchronous Data replication.

If path failover not happening properly in that case I would say verify your setup and specially look for how sessions got created between initiator and target. A session will need to be created for all Initiator and Target port pairs for full redundancy. To determine the amount of session you can configure, multiply the number of Initiator ports by the number of Target ports. If you have 2 Initiator ports on the IO host and 4 Target ports on the storage, then you should have total of 8 sessions.

Initiator Ports X Target Ports = Sessions

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo