4710 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failover Manager License Key

INR
Advisor

Failover Manager License Key

Hello.

My company has recently adquired twho lefthand nodes and after a lot of headeaches, we could manage to install FOM into an ESXi server and adding it to the cluster group through GUI (Centralize Management Console).

But, the problem is that the application asks me for a license key. I suppose that the reason why is because I've added a new node.

On https://webware.hp.com, I can get a license, in fact, I've gotten the license keys for the two lefthand nodes using the Order Number that each node has. But, for Failover Manager, I haven't any order number, so I can't introduce anything on this web page.

Could please, someone tell me how is the way to add a FOM into the cluster group and if it's required a license key for it? If it's necesary, how can I obtain it?

Please, follow next attach image with a screen shot of the message.

Thank you and best regards.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Hi
The Fail Over Manager FOM does not require any license.
You only need to register your P4000 nodes and if present VSA instances.

Cheers
Pete
I love storage
INR
Advisor

Thank you for your answer but before adding FOM I've just registered my two leftHand nodes.

This is why I don't understand why GUI Application sends me this message.

Do you think that leftHand nodes are not registered and this is whye GUI Application ask me it for?

Thank you again.
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I do not know why you get this message.
But the FOM should not ask for a key.

Best is to open a call at HP.

Pete
I love storage
INR
Advisor

Hi again.

I don't know why but this message has dissapeared.

Just now, everything is OK.

Best regards.
Jason.Wilkening
Advisor

I have seen the message a lot, and the first couple times I thought well did they change something and require a license for the FOM. Then every time after about 15 minutes or so the message goes away. I think what is happening is that the FOM is not recognized as a FOM right away and therefore it says it wants to be registered. After the system realizes it is only a FOM the error goes away and everything is good.