108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Finding Patches for San IQ 7 for 8.1 Update

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Hamblin
Advisor

Finding Patches for San IQ 7 for 8.1 Update

After finding the Upgrade guide, and reviewing it I am having trouble finding some of the patches that are noted as needing to be applied to San IQ 7.0.00.6100 (what we are on) before doing the 8.1 upgrade.

The first is a 7.0.00 LSMD upgrade. I have not found a patch labeled that, the closest was 7.0.01_20080306_LSMD.upgrade (or is that it)?

The second was a patch 10017. I could not find it under the NSM2060 section but found it under the NSM160 section (named 10017-00.20071212.1.patch.tar.gz.upgrade) Is this also the right file?

I am finding locating correct patches to be very difficult at the Lefthand HP site.
6 REPLIES 6
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Finding Patches for San IQ 7 for 8.1 Update

First, completely agree on finding the patches on the HP site. Used to be much easier.

For the patches, I only found this by trial and error:

ftp://saniq7_1:SANIQ7_1@hprc.external.hp.com/

The LSMD upgrade is the large stride upgrade. It is under the Upgrade folder (bottom of the list). Just a little warning, that takes a while to implement.

Patch 100017 is under the Patches folder, then 10017-00 (and the wonderful readme as well).

I think the LSMD upgrade was platform independant, but the patches will require you to check the readme to see if they are applicable to yours.
Dave Hamblin
Advisor

Thanks, thats them. I can't find any notes on the LSMD patch (whether it reboots, what its doing etc).

You mention it takes awhile; are we talking minutes or hours??
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

The LSMD upgrade allows you to convert your volumes to Large Stride. Each volume you have must be converted, so it's highly dependant on your infrastructure. For us, it took days...but we had about 40 nodes at that time.

As for a reboot, I'm reaching here...but I don't think it forced a reboot. It was so long ago, I can't seem to remember.

Before you do the LSMD patch, I'd highly suggest you contact HP/LH support and get the patch notes. Or even look at what the patch reports in the CMC before applying it (act like you're going to install and it should give you some information before the install itself).

I just looked in my archive, and the patch names for my files are:

7.0.00_20071001_lsmd.upgrade
1001700.20071212.1.patch.tar.gz.upgrade

If you'd like either, let me know.

Dave Hamblin
Advisor

My 10017 is the same but my LSMD is 7.0.01_20080306_LSMD.upgrade. If possible can I get a copy of the one you have?

Yes. I think a check with tech support is in order.
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Sure Dave, I think the one that I linked to was the one to apply to 7.0 SP1. The one I have is to apply to 7.0.

Send me an email at macros(UNDERSCORE)1@hotmail.com and I'll send you over the patch.

Dave Hamblin
Advisor

Sent email.

Thanks again.