1752292 Members
4660 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP D2D4004i Remote Shutdown

Alessandro Pilotti
Occasional Contributor

HP D2D4004i Remote Shutdown

Hi, we have one D2D4004i and we want to find a way to remotely shutdown it (in case of power failure we want our UPS system to run a script and shutdown the D2D).

What we can do? Is this supported? and if yes, how?

Thank you in advance,

Alessandro
5 REPLIES 5
Flemming_Ossian
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Alessandro

The version on hp.com linked above will only work for pre April 2010 firmware. We have a new version already done that works for post April 2010 firmware and will get it published asap.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
Alessandro Pilotti
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your reply.

we have one d2d4004i with Firmware Revision : 101.751 - Build Date : 2010/03/31 20:01, when launch the script to shutdown appears the following error:

The D2D Backup System is not reachable.

but the ping and web access works fine.

any idea?

thanks
Alessandro Pilotti
Occasional Contributor

the firmware revision 101.751 is the last avalaible, released on 12 april 2010 also if the build date is 31/03/2010....

i must wait the new release of d2dshutdown?

thanks.
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Alessandro,

Yes, the firmware version 101.751 is Arpil firmware so you need to wait for the new version of the script.

The reason for your failure is because we moved over to ssh in April firmware and the current published script uses telnet.

We are just running the new ssh version through our test process this week to verfiy everything is all working properly across the full product range. Its all loking good. They should go onto hp.com later next week. Sorry for the delay here.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar