Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreVirtual Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Lefthand Multisite cluster

Tony0001
Occasional Visitor

HP Lefthand Multisite cluster

I have two sites site A and site S.

Site A has Nodes 1 and 2 and Site S has Nodes 2 and 3.
The four nodes are part of a multisite cluster.

Nodes 1 and 2 are on subnet 172.16.123.0/24 (Primary)
Nodes 2 and 4 are on subnet 172.16.124.0/24
FOM is also on 172.16.123.0/24

When performing tests like taking one node down at a time all works fine, also if i take two nodes down which means a site is down all works fine and by this i mean that the storage volumes presented are still accessible, once reconnected all synchronizes and is back to normal.

I only experience problems when i bring a Node down from each site at the same time.The volumes are lost and marked as Not Available. (Please see attached)

3 REPLIES
Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

Re: HP Lefthand Multisite cluster

Your volumes are raid 10, so mirror between the site and stripe within the site.
Dirk Trilsbeek
Valued Contributor

in network raid 10, each block ist written to two consecutive nodes. In a multisite cluster, the nodes are sorted alternating over both sides, so that each block is written to a node on each site. But if two consecutive nodes fail, all volumes with data on these nodes will be unavailable.

Inks
Occasional Advisor

Lefthand have partner nodes this is especially important in 4 node mult-site cluster.

LUN1 writes block A , Block A is written to Node1 site A and Node3  site S for example, if Block A is dropped from both sites the lun will fail.

Use the availabilty tab under storage nodes to workout the partnerships.Partnerships change when data is striped

Cheers,

Steve