108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP P4000 Replication for remote offices question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rodrigo Verissimo
Occasional Advisor

HP P4000 Replication for remote offices question

Hello, i see that this software item is based on a VSA that is not linked to HP hardware (i.e. can be installed on a third party server)
It seems that this option does not require a SAN at the remote office, and can be installed on any server, Sadly, it requires Vmware ESX as the insttallation target ?
Moreover, is it possible to use network RAID to make a replica of the lefthand SAN on the HQ office, i.e. replicating FROM HQ office to the remote office VSA (reverting the original design) ?
If there is any option that does the job, apart from two P4500 in each office, (we just need a remote copy of the LUNs) i am interested, and please correct me if i am wrong.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Mike Povall
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: HP P4000 Replication for remote offices question

The VSA is installed as a virtual machine on hardware that will run ESX or ESXi. Once installed you can perform remote copy snapshot in either direction so you can copy from HQ to remote or from remote to HQ.
Rodrigo Verissimo
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP P4000 Replication for remote offices question

Mike Povall provided the solution to our question.