cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP P4300 G2 16TB MDL-SAS DISK PROBLEM

achile_elhou
Occasional Contributor

HP P4300 G2 16TB MDL-SAS DISK PROBLEM

Hello, I have an HP HP P4300 G2 16TB storage system (physical RAID-5 configuration / Network RAID-10 configuration ).

So I have two node in my cluster.

Now, i have a "faulty" disk situation, and the CMC is showing a message telling me that I have to replace the disk as soon as possible . My questions are:

1- can I repair this disk (in case of a logical error) ?

2- Is it possible to reconfigure the storage system without the faulty disk (like : 07 disks/node, instead of 08 disks/node), the time to replace it? I tried to make this configuration, but the sytem always requires the présence of 8 healthy disks .

2 REPLIES
Sbrown
Valued Contributor

Re: HP P4300 G2 16TB MDL-SAS DISK PROBLEM

You would follow standard SmartArray practices!

1. You can remove the drive and replug it back in if you think it is a logical error. The Smartarray controller will rebuild the raid automatically and kick the drive should it fail again (unless SMART ERROR).

2. Not without destroying the raid can you run 7 disks from an 8 disk raid-5 setup!

achile_elhou
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP P4300 G2 16TB MDL-SAS DISK PROBLEM

thank you for your reply.

When I replaced the disk, the RAID was rebuilding, when finished the raid status is "Normal", but disk's state is one again "faulty".

I will try to upgrade the  P400 controller's firmware and see.

please, i have a backup of my data, now i want to reconfigure my storage system with the use of only 7 disks/node, is it possible ? if yes, how can i do this ?