5806 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP P4300 G2

vieirar
Occasional Advisor

HP P4300 G2

Hi, 

We have 2 HP StorageWorks P4300 G2 one of them is showing offline so the FOM is working with the other. I have no way off accessing it to see what is going on. I plugged the management port into the network but unfortunately I do not have the ilo username and password to access it. Is there any other way to see what might be happening. It appears to be a network issue of some sort I think. 

8 REPLIES 8
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Is the IP address of the second storage node responding on ping? What happened before? Did you do some upgrades or so?

Did you try a reboot already of the node?

The ILO account is specified on the little plastic in the front of the server... You can also try to connect a screen on the server itself also eventually...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
vieirar
Occasional Advisor

Both IP's for both nodes are responding but the Second Node shows a being offline. I cannot issue the reboot command as it gives me an error cannot find node with serial number. This is what I get in the CMC, I just connected a screen and keyboard to the node. I cannot find the sticker you mentioned on either node for the iLo access. I dear not hit the power button to reboot as that would not be good I think. Sorry I am pretty new to the HP LeftHand Sans. Thanks for the quick reply. 

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

So the IP is responding on the network?

What happens if you do a Find Systems on the Getting Started page? Does the CMC find (again) the nodes with their (responding) IP address?

You can hard-reboot a node, though it is not ideal, but when the node re-connects it will rebuild automatically from the surviving node...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vieirar
Occasional Advisor

If I do a find the system will find the 1st node and the FOM but the second is never found. I try using subnet and direct IP. If all else fails I will do a hard rest and cross my fingers. 

chal_1
Occasional Advisor

Can you SSH into the node and issued a restart?

Jitun
HPE Pro

I am afraid putty session to the Node is restricted to Level 2 Support Team.

I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

vieirar
Occasional Advisor

I performed a hard reset and the node came up and was connected back in the CMC. I restarted the manager and all looks good as far as I can tell. Where is the rebuild info logged?
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

On the Details tab of each volume, check the field Status.

If it is states Normal, everything is OK. Otherwise it will tell something like Re-syncing...

Kr,

Bart