4904 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StoreVirtual (LeftHand OS) 12.5 is out

vlho
Advisor

HP StoreVirtual (LeftHand OS) 12.5 is out

New LeftHand OS 12.5 features:

• Two-Node Quorum - No Fail Over Manager (FOM) required. Provides a low-resource alternative for FOM in two-node management groups.
  • Split Networks - Provide dedicated iSCSI network through split network functionality. You can separate networks to match network policies for security purposes.
  • Support for KVM as a platform - enable solutions based on open-source virtualization.

More detailed list of changes: http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04735172

Download: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/try.do?productNumber=StoreVirtualSW

4 REPLIES 4
SimpleThings
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP StoreVirtual (LeftHand OS) 12.5 is out

Hi,

is the 12.5 Upgrade withdrawn again?

We are having massive problems with our first Management Group upgraded to 12.5. Managers are dying and all volumes go offline because of lost quorum every few hours. We located the problem being connected to remote snapshot / communication to remote management groups - after we blocked all Traffic to other management groups on the firewall the managers are stable again.

Of course this is not a solution but only a temporary fix.

HP is working on this since monday - but don't seem to get anywhere.

Today the CMC tells me, that our 12.5 MG is "running a special version" and for our 12.0 MG there is no Upgrade available anymore.

So - is the 12.5 OS completly withdrawn? Are there any other issues we should know about?

Regards,

Sebastian

GladstoneRC
Visitor

I am in the same boat SimpleThings.

I upgraded one SAN cluster on Friday 11 September, to v12.5 and it now states that I am "Running a special version".

When I try to upgrade my second SAN cluster I get "Software is up to date" and is running v12.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/hp_LeftHandOS/

The public FTP site for offline upgrading no longer has the "SANiQ_12.5.00.0547_20150722_all.upgrade" file which I used for my first SAN cluster.

I still have a copy of this file by CMC refuses to recognise it.

Thanks

David.

Bazstad
Occasional Visitor

Looks like 12.5 is available again.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

call me unimpressed.

sure, 2-node quorum is nice, but a FOM is such a minor issue that it isn't such a big deal and most already have it anyway.  Now a 2-site multi-site cluster would be a much bigger deal.

Likewise, I guess KVM support helps some additional people run VSAs and I"m sure MEM helps a few others, but I"m not sure I'd even post that SCVMM 2012R2 is NOW supported...  its only been out for two years...  hope the upcomming SCVMM2016 will get support by 2020.