6131 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP StoreVirtual VSA can't create Stripe

leiw324
Occasional Visitor

HP StoreVirtual VSA can't create Stripe

Hello,

When I create network RAID has error message 0001.jpg and 0002.jpg (please see attached message.zip), so I checked RAID status (0003.jpg - 0008.jpg), I don't know why there are 0 drive on top...

hp.zip is my installation step of one VSA installation.

It can't create Stripe when back to default settings (cant create stripe.jpg)

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: HP StoreVirtual VSA can't create Stripe

I'm not sure about that 0GB disk, but that looks like an esx setup issue (I do hyper-v so I can't really help there).  As for the 1246GB disk, you should be able to right click on it and initilize it so you can "configure" the raid for the VSA.  I can't remember if that option is right clicking on the drive as shown in your picture 0008 or if its on the hardware summary page, but somewhere it lists disk2 and will let you initilize it if you right click on int.  Once its initilized, then you can setup the raid.  Keep in mind that the "raid" for VSAs is all only raid0, so any hdd redundancy needs to be done at the esx or hardware level.

leiw324
Occasional Visitor

Hi oikjn,

First, thanks for your help.

After righ click the uninitilized on Disk 2, it show check harddisk status (sorry for Chinses) only, please see attached.

Thanks

leiw324
Occasional Visitor

Just tried right click on VSA storage, it show RAID setting > Stripe > error message again, please see attached .

Thanks

oikjn
Honored Contributor

expand open the node, click on diagnostics and select the "Hardware information" tab. Scroll down to drive status (or maybe drive info) and right click on it there and I believe you should get the option to initialize the drive. I can't see it now, but I don't have a drive in that state. Once that is done, you can repeat the raid setup you tried, but in order for that to complete you have to have at least on initialized drive available.
leiw324
Occasional Visitor

In diagnostic, no option to initialize the drive.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

hmm... thought it was there. somewhere within that VSA menu in CMC where it lists any disks associated with storage and gives you the option to initialize the disk when you right click on it.