cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP StoreVirtual VSA extremely high latency on one storage

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

HP StoreVirtual VSA extremely high latency on one storage

We have a two-node HPE StoreVirtual VSA setup, basically just two LUNs.

One LUN has really high latency, the other one does not, the two servers are alike in terms of configuration.

How to diagnose and fix why the latency problem??

If I think I need HPE support to fix this where/how do I find out how much this costs??????????????

We don't have any consultants in our area fluent with this product, are there any in Albany, NY????????

Or even better yet, Burlington, VT???????? Would also consider Central NY consultants.

Thank you, Tom

2 REPLIES
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: HP StoreVirtual VSA extremely high latency on one storage

a problem with the latency of one LUN?  Sounds like a configuration problem on that lun or its got some funky load.  The the two LUNs with the same format and the same/similar workload, or are they really different, like one is for a file server and the other is for an SQL transactional DB?

If I had to guess, the only reason one LUN would have a higher latency than a 2nd LUN on the same cluster would be because that "bad" LUN was getting forced to do excessive IO in the background because of the format structure so which is causing significant IO amplification.

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Re: HP StoreVirtual VSA extremely high latency on one storage

To the best of my knowledge the two VSAs and LUNs are set up the same way.

I moved less important VMs into the LUN with the more latency.

That's why I asked about HP support and consultants wrt this software, this is something not easily diagnosed and might be remedied by a new re-setup and so forth after reviewing what's on the LUNs etc. and how everything is set up etc.

Thank you, Tom