StoreVirtual Storage
1753514 Members
8039 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Storevirtual 4730 LHOS 11.5 License Issue after re-adding repaired storage to the cluster

Zubair-Parsa
Occasional Contributor

HP Storevirtual 4730 LHOS 11.5 License Issue after re-adding repaired storage to the cluster

Hello Dears, 

i have just experienced a very annoying problem after adding the repaired node storevirtual 4730  OS version 11.5 to the cluster  it show that license of storage is violating and it gave me 60 days of evaluation after this period all drives will become unavailable, 

what i did:  i have 4 nodes of 4730 one of the nodes needed repair i put it in repair mode and a ghost node with created in its place, when i added the repaired  node into cluster mistakenly i didnt exchange it, instead i add it to the cluster, and now both the ghost and repaired node are available in the cluster, i assume that due to same MAC address ( in ghost and repaired node) it gives me the license violation,  any solution please how can i come over this issue 

regards

Parsa

1 REPLY 1
Ravi_K
HPE Pro

Re: HP Storevirtual 4730 LHOS 11.5 License Issue after re-adding repaired storage to the cluster

Remove it again and wait for restripe and later put it back again correctly with exchange option. OR you may engage support, they should be able to run backend commands to terminate/delete the ghost node ( store bury command: ONLY to be run by L2 or L3 support )so that the config becomes like old again.

Accept or Kudo