1753912 Members
8798 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Store Virtual CMC Map View and iSCSI connections

oikjn
Honored Contributor

you connect to the VIP address and then the DSM module will intelligently connect to the appropriate nodes according to CMC's site assignments.  Since you have one node at the site with the initiator that initiator will only actively connect to that one node unless that node fails and then it will fail over to the remote site node.

GBlyshchyk
Occasional Advisor

I apologize, the language barrier seems to be affecting and I do not fully understand you. My main language is Russian and Belarusian.
You say "Since you have one node at the site with the initiator that initiator will only actively connect to that one node. I understand it this way: that the initiator connects to the node in one site.

But in fact it happens differently: each site has a node and a host with the initiator, all initiators of one host are in the same site. And I see that hosts (with initiators) from one site have an active connection to another site and do not have active connections to the site in which they themselves are located. This is normal? :)

oikjn
Honored Contributor

what you just described is not normal and is the opposite of what it should be doing.  It sounds like somehow the sites are incorrectly defined for something.  

check out https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c05049830 this should tell you how to setup MPIO to make sure it is configured correctly.  Either way, you shoudl still try converting the cluster to a single site in your specific situation (assuming I was correct that you do have 2x 10gb direct links with full bandwidth between the two sites which are located very close together).