1747993 Members
5367 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE StoreEasy 1660 Password reset

NaveenHPe

HPE StoreEasy 1660 Password reset

Hi all, 

One of my colegue configured the appliance, but he left the organization few months ago. We don't have no idea, what credentials he used. 

Is there any way to reset the password without data loss

Thanks..

2 REPLIES 2
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Re: HPE StoreEasy 1660 Password reset

Hi Naveen,

All HPE StoreEasy 1660 models come with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2016 Standard Edition pre-installed from the factory on mirrored solid state drives.

Unfortunately there is no option to reset the password.

You can reinstall the operation system using system recovery DVD and the data saved on data drives / data logical drive should still be intact. You may shut down the server and remove the data drives to be 100% sure that the data logical drive is not impacted during the OS reinstallation. 

Disclaimer : Data integrity is customer responsibility. HPE recommends to have data backup frequently and before performing any activity so that it can be restored during disaster recovery

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Re: HPE StoreEasy 1660 Password reset

Hi @NaveenHPe ,

Please let us know whether the information shared addresses your query.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo