Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE StoreVirtual Storage System won't join Management Group

Highlighted
danieleder
Occasional Visitor

HPE StoreVirtual Storage System won't join Management Group

Hi!

I'm currently trying to set up a new StoreVirtual Cluster (2 Storage Systems / 1 FOM that will join afterwards).

The problem is, that in any way I try to set it up, one of the two systems does not join the management group.
It always gets stuck either at "Waiting for 1 storage systems to join" or "Waiting for user (adminuser) to get created on (storagesystem) in management group (mgmtgroup)".

Does anyone of you have any idea on how to fix?
I have already reset all settings and the system to defaults.
Also, I tried to create the group with both systems joining at the same time and creating the group with one system and join the 2nd system afterwards.

Thx,
Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE StoreVirtual Storage System won't join Management Group

verify the network configuration for both nodes and the desktop running CMC.  Make sure the two nodes are on the same subnet and on the same VLAN.  THen make sure the gateway IPs are configured correctly.  After that, it should create the group with no problem.

danieleder
Occasional Visitor

i just verified everything, also put the CMC-machine in the same network as the Lefthand OS and Management Interfaces are.

Nothing changed in the general behavior...

Mukesh2
HPE Pro

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Please confirm if you are using two networks, i.e one for management and the other for Storage.

If yes that the nodes and the CMC server should on the same management or storage network (either of them).

If there is only one network configured then nodes and the CMC server should be on the same storage network.

If the second node is having an issue, please check the version of SAN IQ you are running on it. If its version 12.6 or later which supports split network then follow these instructions :

If there is only one storage network, then all the interfaces on the communication tab for network of the node shoud be selected as same storage nic.

Else for two different networks, put the storage interface on storage network and management and lefthand os interface on management.

Check on the switch ports the node in question is connected to if there are any drops.

If yes then try to switch the cable and reverify the port configuration to dimiss these drops.

Here is the link for installation and configuration user guide more reference :

http://h30538.www3.hpe.com/prdownloads/HPE_StoreVirtual_VSA_Installation_and_Configuration_Guide_TA688-63137.pdf?downloadid=oRYxzONLCe3lh3JKYhGdpiYXcK7eAXUfEX4s0mC2Tk-5RLmRQdJqttV-JVvAvpk1fP82tCtvsRFX_R8GHJtUU-xrinUxRsMkn0riCt_GUalOrTeSh4PKNFHb6LeusrigBKmzlvEG-tXRkOLJ825dnS0uq6AcG7ruuPrdKx1Qk5t_JBMDQR7z7w==&merchantId=SW_DEPOT&rnid=1.0&bpid=SWD&egid=F&__dlk__=1554357026_b9a7140882dc498841e6ed9ad78...

Please try the steps and revert if it helped. 

Regards,
Mukesh

I am an HPE employee