1752587 Members
3729 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Storevirtual VSA

Rahul1144

HPE Storevirtual VSA

Hi,.

Please help me on license policy for HPE Storevirtual VSA.

If I want 20Tb usable space via HPE VSA, than can I purchase 2 x 10Tb license per server.

Please guide.

3 REPLIES 3
danevald
Advisor

Hi,

The license can only be applied once per VSA system, so for 20TB usable, you need the 50TB license.

ThanhDatVo
Advisor

Hello Rahul,

Each VSA node requires a license.

If you want to use 20TB usable space in network raid 10, you'll need 40TB raw space (which equals to 4 VSA nodes with 10TB licenses (Yes, 4x 10TB licenses) or 2 nodes with 50TB licenses)

If you don't need NR10 but NR5, you have enough with 3 VSA nodes with 10TB licenses

2 VSA nodes with 10TB licenses equal to a max of 10TB usable space in NR10 on your LUN's.

Kind regards,

Thanh Dat Vo

oikjn
Honored Contributor

Forget about NR5 for anything but archive data.  Assuming you need to provide your servers with 20TB worth of highly available storage, you need to use NR10 which means you need 2x the raw capacity requirement which means 40TB of raw capacity.  As Thand mentioned, that means either 4x 10TB or 2x 50TB license.  IF you have 4x hosts available, the 4x VSA option is likely more attractive as you will not need a FOM and the effect of losing one node on a 4-node cluster is less of an impact than losing one node on a 2-node cluster.