1752815 Members
5976 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Virtual Storage Appliance VSA

ardy97
Occasional Visitor

HPE Virtual Storage Appliance VSA

Has anyone ever deployed HPE Virtual Storage Appliance before? I have documentation, and I omegle found a link to download the free 1TB VSA trail, however I am confused on what I am to download / install. I see a few products, what is the difference?

HPE LeftHand P4000 SAN

HPE StoreOnce System xender

HPE StoreVirtual VSA Software

Side note, the install is due an upgrade of a VMware 5.1 VSA solution. Our company is moving to VMware 6.0, which apparently does not support VMware VSA anymore. VSAN is way to expensive / out of our budget. My plan would be try and add extra drives to each host, install the HP VSA solution, then storage migrate all guests to HP VSA, upgrade vCenter to VMware 6.0, then upgrade Hosts to 6.0.

Any help or information would be great. Thanks everyone.

1 REPLY 1
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Virtual Storage Appliance VSA

Hello @ardy97,

If you are looking HPE's virtual storage appliance, please go ahead with 'HPE StoreVirtual VSA Software'. That emulates the virtual storage using the hardware of the system on which you install the VSA software.

HPE StoreOnce is a different system which is primarily an archival system used for backups. HPE LeftHand is a SAN switch.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo