New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 6.3 and Lefthand/P4000

SOLVED
Go to solution
CarstenS_1
Occasional Contributor

HPSIM 6.3 and Lefthand/P4000

Hello!
A customer is running one server which manages both EVA and P4000 (correctly). That server is running SAN/iQ 9.0, CMC 9.0.

The CMS is another server which has HPSIM 6.3 and IRSA A.05.50 installed on it. In HPSIM under "managed systems" the CMC-server shows the EVA's but not the P4000's. The P4000 are neither shown in HPSIM nor in IRSA. I cross checked the credentials, they should be ok.

It shouldn't be necessary to run that MIB-procedure ( http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=489496&prodTypeId=18964&objectID=c
02505873&printver=true) because already HPSIM 6.2 has support for P4000 if I remember correctly.

Any ideas how to fix that?
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi
This is strange since I have running HP SIM 6.3 and P4000 boxes v9.0... And they are recognized corectly...

What do you see when you do a discovery inside SIM? Do you get any errors?

Kr,
Bart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
CarstenS_1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Bart,
I am not at customers site anymore, just doing exploring. That's why I am not able to run a discovery now.

But I could provide log-files as part of the STC logs (desta sysinfo) if that helps?

Cheers,
Carsten
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
I am not from HP so I am not able to analyze in detail those log files...
I can always try but cannot guarantee anything.
What I can analyze is the output of the discovery of a system with HP SIM...

Kr,
Bart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CarstenS_1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Bart,
now I've got fixed it. The solution was to discover the cluster-node, not the CMC-server (as you usually would do with EVAs and the CV-server). The cluster had a different IP.

Thereafter it was no prob to entitle the Lefthands. (After configuring though.)

One thing was interesting, too. The P4500s were not shown as "Managed systems" on the CMC-server (as e.g. the EVAs).

Thanks for your attention and help!

Best regards, Carsten
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Glad for you that it works now.
Do not forget to assign points if you think that this forum helped you, to keep the level of the content and answers as high as possible...

Kr,
Bart