StoreVirtual Storage
1753543 Members
5578 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help Needed -Storage always in resync status (for Volumes) and is not changing the state

johnnyaxxe
Occasional Contributor

Help Needed -Storage always in resync status (for Volumes) and is not changing the state

Hello community

I have a configuration with 1 failover Manager and 2 storages. 

I am having a problem with a storage 4730 that is showing resync in the Volumes ("Resyncing (Calculating %), Not Available") and is not changing the status (. The other storage is not available in the lab so is not possible to connect both storages.

Is any way to stop this resync status and change the state of the volumes?

Thanks for the help

1 REPLY 1
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: Help Needed -Storage always in resync status (for Volumes) and is not changing the state

its not re-syncing because the 2nd system is offline..

Was the volume giving any warnings before the other node went offline?  The volumes should have stayed online when the missing node went out and should only be giving a warning that protection is degraded.  is there absolutely no way to get that missing node online?  From the limited picture of the system I'm assuming that node has critical data on it that was not replicated to the remaining node when the missing one went away.  

CMC usually shows all sorts of warnings when there is a situation where data availability is reliant on a single node.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I would focus on getting that missing node back if at all possible since I think that is going to be the fastest way to getting your system back online.