cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HpP4300 FoM

P4300_Newbie
Occasional Contributor

HpP4300 FoM

I have a problem in my 2-node SAN with FoM as my Quorum manager.

The CMC reports that it cannot find a storage sytem with the requisitive MAC address. However, it can see the IP address of the FoM - there is no network error that I can tell..  

This is the error received when I select the FoM storage system,. You can see that I can ping the system, so Network is up.This is the error received when I select the FoM storage system,. You can see that I can ping the system, so Network is up.

Options:

- Remove the FoM from the Management group  - when I do this I get the error as per below:

I could remove from the Management group - but that error message scares me that I'll lose data in the Management group.I could remove from the Management group - but that error message scares me that I'll lose data in the Management group.

I have restarted the FoM several times.  When I attempt to remove it from within the CMC, I'm told the CMC can't find the system with the MAC address, as per above.

1 REPLY
Ravi_K
HPE Pro

Re: HpP4300 FoM

hello

Usually could not find message comes when either the node / FOM is powered off or when CMC is unable to communicate with the problem node but a reboot should fix it. But as you mentioned to have restarted FOM several times but no luck, I need to know if it actually worked for you ever earlier? Also, please check if the IP address of the FOM is in same Vlan as that of iSCSI network ( not sure if you have configured iSCSI network separately from management network).

If you have configured multiple IP addresses for the FOM ( management and iSCSI), try to find the FOM in CMC once with the management IP.

Also check if your other storage systems in MG can ping the FOM

Regards

Ravi