1752679 Members
5662 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HpP4300 FoM

P4300_Newbie
Occasional Contributor

HpP4300 FoM

I have a problem in my 2-node SAN with FoM as my Quorum manager.

The CMC reports that it cannot find a storage sytem with the requisitive MAC address. However, it can see the IP address of the FoM - there is no network error that I can tell..  

This is the error received when I select the FoM storage system,. You can see that I can ping the system, so Network is up.This is the error received when I select the FoM storage system,. You can see that I can ping the system, so Network is up.

Options:

- Remove the FoM from the Management group  - when I do this I get the error as per below:

I could remove from the Management group - but that error message scares me that I'll lose data in the Management group.I could remove from the Management group - but that error message scares me that I'll lose data in the Management group.

I have restarted the FoM several times.  When I attempt to remove it from within the CMC, I'm told the CMC can't find the system with the MAC address, as per above.

1 REPLY 1
Ravi_K
HPE Pro

Re: HpP4300 FoM

hello

Usually could not find message comes when either the node / FOM is powered off or when CMC is unable to communicate with the problem node but a reboot should fix it. But as you mentioned to have restarted FOM several times but no luck, I need to know if it actually worked for you ever earlier? Also, please check if the IP address of the FOM is in same Vlan as that of iSCSI network ( not sure if you have configured iSCSI network separately from management network).

If you have configured multiple IP addresses for the FOM ( management and iSCSI), try to find the FOM in CMC once with the management IP.

Also check if your other storage systems in MG can ping the FOM

Regards

Ravi

Accept or Kudo