New Discussion

Keep 4 X P4300 G2 or migrate to VSA

SOLVED
Go to solution
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Keep 4 X P4300 G2 or migrate to VSA

Hi I have this cluster using 1Gbps iSCSI with spare diskes etc...Capture1.JPG

Also i have a new 3 Node VSA (Latest) on HPE G10 with some space. Shall i storage Vmotion all VM's from P4300 G2 cluster to VSA cluster & decommission P4300 G2 cluster ? Or jsut keep it for time being. I know no support for P4300 G2 anymore & the max LH OS is 12.5. appropriate any advise  

2 REPLIES 2
kannoly
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Keep 4 X P4300 G2 or migrate to VSA

If your P4300 G2 cluster got no issues, you can still run on it...

Eventhough it is out of support, you can still purchase a Mature Hardware Onsite support service for G2 Nodes.  

There is a performace difference when you compare a hardware node and VSA.  StoreVirtual Hardware nodes give much better performace than StoreVirtual VSA on hyperv  

If you start experiencing issue with P300 G2 node, it is better to move the VMs out of it.  

Since it is  4 node cluster,  your volumes will be availble even if one node goes down. ( If all the Volumes are NR 10 ) 

I am a HPE Employee
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Re: Keep 4 X P4300 G2 or migrate to VSA

Hi  Kannoly thanks for the update 

VSA on VMware is quite a bit better than hyper-V and you're got more performance available to them than G2 hardware nodes. Also my VSA is a mix of SSD/15K RPM SAS (Tier 0/1 AO) with 10Gbps iSCSI compared to 1Gbps G2's 15K RPM SAS 

Like you said i will keep the 4-Node cluster with FOM (I do have spare replacement disks as well) for some time 

Have a nice day 

Cheers