vlho
Advisor

Lefthand 12.0

18 REPLIES 18
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Re: Lefthand 12.0

Hi,

The link refers to Left Hand OS 11.5....There is no such release as such. Kindly Share appropriate link if possible.

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

Thx for the notice. Not everything is online though. CMC version 12.0 doesn't download the upgrade files yet and the site containing information about memory in a P4000 G2 system (www.hp.com/go/P4000G2memory) isn't online either.

psmiano
Visitor

It's on the FTP site as of 2/21. Not finding any documentation....yet.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Yes it is there (Software Depot - Storage softwxare...)

Have installed it already, all my findings and details (with screenshots) can be found on my blog

http://www.bitcon.be/?p=2904

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
a_o
Valued Contributor

Anyone else try to upgrade an existing cluster with 12.0?

Ran update through CMC on a v.11.5  mult-site cluster.

I now have a borked cluster.

Here are the juicy bits..

Ran CMC update procedure on the cluster, and accepted the prompt about the client side updates.

FOM upgraded fine, after bumping up the VM memory.

I'm not too keen on the change to  hiding the Linux boot process .

One storage node upgraded fine and showed a 12.0 console prompt after about 30 minutes.

But the CMC could not contact this node, and promptly halted the upgrade process.

The upgraded node could respond to pings, so I tried firing up another CMC session, and still could not connect.

The other node did not complete the upgrade process, and is still at 11.5.

Eventually, I had to reset the non repsonsive node, as it just sat there with Hyper-V CPU utilization of 4%. 

Seemingly, it restarted. This time, there was no SAN/iQ prompt. It sat there for over 12 hours like this.
I was thinking maybe it was doing a linux disk/journal check or something.

Finally, I had to cancel the remainder of the  update process in the original instance of CMC.

Before I rebuild the cluster by re-installing the VSA nodes, does anyone know of a way to enable the showing of the Linux console boot process?

Good thing, this cluster was used as  secondary target for my Veeam backups...

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I upgraded a 2-node AO 11.5 group to 12 without issue, but there is little on this group.  No problems seen so far for me but it isn't really doing anything yet.  I didn't see any unmap recovery yet.  I"ll have to read up about that implimentation.

Yesterday installed 12.0 on 6 node cluster with 2 TIER on multi-sites. First updated all the host in the Hyper-V cluster with DSM en Snapshot software and then upgraded to 12.0.

Everything went smooth, now even SMI-S is working so can see the storage in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 with CU5.

thae
Visitor

Hi,

can anyone provide with the MEM offline bundle (not the vib)?

According to the StoreVirtual Multipathing User Guide, it should be available at the HP vibsdepot but i can't find it anywhere...

Thanks,

thae

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Looking for the file myself as well, does not seem to be published yet on the vibsdepot site... Should be there soon...

I did the trick with the VIB file from the Software Depot site, works fine... Writing an article on it at this moment on my blog...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !