1748169 Members
3994 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lefthand 12.0

fourg
Advisor

I submitted a support ticket in hopes to get the offline bundle, I also can't find it anywhere.

Update: HP Support acknowledged the offline bundles were missing.  I was sent the one for vSphere 5.5 which I was seeking and I've attached it if others want it.  I was told I'd be contacted when they got the other offline bundles online.

Update 2: The attached offline bundle is actually for ESXi 5.5 even though the filenaming says 5.5.  Waiting on HP to provide the true 5.5 bundle.

Update 3: I've been asked to remove the attached offline bundle zip file by HP Support.  I was accidentally sent an unsigned copy and have been told I will need to wait for HP to get the bundles properly signed by VMware.

thae
Visitor

Great, any feedback yet from HP support?

I'll open a ticket as well otherwise.....

thae
Visitor

Thanks a lot for posting the offline bundle.

Though named 5.5, this one seems to be for ESXi 5.0?

Did you receive 5.5 as well?

fourg
Advisor

I encountered the same issue with it actually being for ESXi 5.0 even though the filenaming said it was 5.5.  I've been told the ticket has be escalated to L3, so hopefully sometime soon they resolve this.  Concerning that I still dont see these offline bundles anywhere to be found online either.

Leslie Thomson

The bundle in the thread here should not be used because it was an unsigned copy and HP will soon make available the signed copies via software depot. This will take a minimum of 2 weeks because the signing process is out of HP's control.

s_mcleod
Occasional Advisor

Upgrader beware!

The upgrade process is incredibly painful, many reboots of the storage systems required, java crashes etc...

Book out at least 4 hours per cabinet and some kleenex.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

not sure about your environment, but this upgrade is no different than any of the others.  only catch might be the need to increase memory in the FOM or on a VSA, but that isn't unheard of either and really minor.  The time to upgrade depends on the environment size and load, but each node upgrades one at a time and reboots one at a time which means there is a restripe for that one node each time which can mean that the upgrade process will be very slow if your SAN is under heavy load and the amount of data that changed during that node's upgrade phase was significant.  99% of the time, the upgrade process itself is quick, but its the resync after which is the real killer, but this is no different than any other update on this SAN.

Rascii
Occasional Advisor

I'm not finding any memory requirements for the FOM. Can anyone comment on what they actually are? Thx.

thae
Visitor

Any news wrt to the MEM offline bundle?