1752529 Members
4635 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lefthand DSM MPIO version 9 tru Windows Update

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Lefthand DSM MPIO version 9 tru Windows Update

Windows Update provided a new HP Lefthand DSM MPIO version 9 today as an optional download update, which I did.

I had not yet configured any disk, only made the unallocated disk space available and had tested storage and MPIO okay in valdate cluster wizard.

The system hung during the fase "preparing to configure windows, do not turn of your computer".
After several hours I researched the HP site and found an older 2008 blue screen advisory, which mentioned a problem with active MPIO sessions, which required a complete reinstall.
In order to break the sessions I unplugged all SAN network cables, which made the windows update finish.

After reconnecting the SAN network cables I reran the Validate Cluster Wizard and I a warning showed up that I only have one path to the device with iSCSI iniator as the default adapter.

I disconected the old connection, cleaned settings and reconnected with MPIO enabled again. Now Validate Cluster Wizard shows multiple paths.

6 REPLIES 6
Steve Burkett
Valued Contributor

Re: Lefthand DSM MPIO version 9 tru Windows Update

Ugh. That sounds like a right headache. Thanks for sharing!
IainS
Frequent Advisor

Funny that it shows up there but I can't find any information about it anywhere else. Least of all on the HP site about P4000 series - which is pretty hard to navigate anyway.

Is anyone able to provide any links to somewhere with more info about it?

The big questions for me, does it do active/active MPIO? Does it work well doing this? Is it reliable? Looking forward to it if it does...

Does this mean there is a SAN/IQ 9 out or coming soon?
Evert Goor
Trusted Contributor

kghammond
Frequent Advisor

That download did not include the SanIQ upgrade. Maybe I missed something...

Went out to ITRC and checked the software update manager as well, only 8.5 listed...

Any idea how to get the version 9 SanIQ upgrade file?

Has anyone seen any documents on what's new in version 9 and how to implement the new version 9 vSphere intergration?

Thank you,
Kevin
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I've heard that it should be available tomorrow, but is only available through an account that is linked to a warranty contract.
mggates

Fred,
I feel your pain. I responded to another of your quies last week. I too am having a difficult time getting the new SAN to perform up to expectations. HP support asks me to update everything, which I have but still can only get one nic at a time to work as a client to the SAN. Does anyone have multiple nics in a server hitting the SAN at once? Do you?