1753797 Members
7718 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lefthand P4300 G2

Jorgen-E
Visitor

Lefthand P4300 G2

Hi, i currenlty have a 5-node cluster with P4300 G2. Now one unit died just 3-days after EOL on the carepack, bummer. Anyway i'm migrating the LUNS over to a new MSA. I would like to rebuild and use the old nodes. I'm planning to create a 3-node cluster instead. Now i wounder if i can reuse the disks in the failed node somehow. I need to "clean" them from any data so they look new. Does anyone have instructions of how i can do that? So i can use them as spare disks if disks fails in the runnings nodes. Ay tips?

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Lefthand P4300 G2

Technically you need to do nothing ...

In case one disk in another node failes, just take a disk and insert into the running system.

The nodes have a normal smart array controller (P400, I think). It will accept the disks as replacement - maybe you need to make it a spare first.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jorgen-E
Visitor

Re: Lefthand P4300 G2

Hi, as i remember on HPE servers raid configuration data are also stored on the disk as well as in the HBA, i don't think the system will be so happy about i'm putting in a disk which has another member raid data on it. I could of course test it in the fourth node which i can have as spare node. Making the disk spare might be the solution, i will test that.

I have raid10 on all nodes btw.