New Discussion юеВ

Lefthand p4300 questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
VMSE
Occasional Contributor

Lefthand p4300 questions

Hi experts and colleagues,
I have a few quick questions i hope you can help me. I am new to HP/Lefthand. I have a 4 nodes Lefthand p4300 configured in two different clusters ( 2 nodes per clusters) but in the same management group. I have a Virtul manager ip address configured for the first cluster and have all my esx VM hosts connect to the virtual manager ip address. I dont have a virtual manager ip address configured for my second cluster, I connect to the storage in the 2nd cluster via the same virtual manager ip address from the first cluster. should I configure a 2nd virtual manager? I was told the virtual manager should be shut down for failover purpose, is that true?

The SAN storage is in production now but I want to add FOM for seamless failover. Can I add FOM without interruption to normal operation?

I am not able to find any documentation on configuring FOM and I only see an option to install FOM with a VM image. Can FOM be installed in a physical server?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks.
Phil
5 REPLIES 5
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Lefthand p4300 questions

VMSE
Occasional Contributor

thanks Sudhakar for your help!
Do you know where can I download FOM version 8.5? I have the V8.1 DVD but I have since upgraded to V8.5 and I am not able to find the FOM V8.5 anywhere.
Thanks again for your help.
Phil
Jitun
HPE Pro

Phil, I would recommend Upgrading SANiQ and CMC to 9.0
Even if you dont want to, You can always use FOM 9.0 with the setup you have.

You can download FOM for 9.0 from
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=P4000SW
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

VMSE
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jitun,
So you are saying FOM v9.0 is backward compatible with saniq 8.1 and 8.5?
I actually has two clusters, one is running on 8.1 with version 8.1 of FOM and another is running on 8.5 without a FOM right now.
Jitun
HPE Pro

Correct, but the system that they are installed on has to be a 64 bit system.
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo