4292 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MIgrate P4300 G2 to another network

P4300G2
Occasional Visitor

MIgrate P4300 G2 to another network

Hi,

I have a P4300 G2 I would like to migrate off  Network B(old) to another Network A(New)  Right now  it is hooked into 10Gbe iscsi fiber with Network B.  I removed one of the  2 P4300 G2 systems and it is under available systems, however when I utilize StoreVirtual CMC on Network A ithe P4300 G2 isnt found.  I have done the following

Deleted the Bond and created a new bond via the RJ45 connections

I have tried pinging it when the routing information is correct and response is host unreachable

I have tried configuring it with and without a gateway on the Bond

I have tried removing from management group but it gives error of "could not send command because there is no quorum. Establish quorum first."

The manager itself is offline and says not in a management group

I havent tried deleting the management group that my P4300s are in but wanted to see if there is anything else I need to do or could do before migrating between Network B and into Network A

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: MIgrate P4300 G2 to another network

System recommended content:

1. HPE P4300 G2 Storage Systems - Overview

2. HP X1800sb G2 Network Storage Blade

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

P4300G2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Query: MIgrate P4300 G2 to another network

The link came up in Chinese format which I couldn't understand.  When I go to add the P4300 G2 back to the management console from the CMC it is stating you must log into management group no system id to remove systems from it.  

P4300G2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Query: MIgrate P4300 G2 to another network

If I break the management group with the 2 p4300s in it could I then move them over to the new network or would it cause more issues?

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

Re: MIgrate P4300 G2 to another network

@P4300G2 

As per the query I understand that you have 2 Nodes in a Management Group and you would like to change the Network to A from B...

We would recommend the following Action Plans:

Action Plan A :

• Route the network between Network B(old) to Network A(New)

• Once you route the network you will be able to fix the Error "Could not send command because there is no quorum. Establish quorum first."
• Modify the Bond and create a new Bond with correct gateway
• Add the modified Bond Node to the Management Group > Add to Right site > Add back the Modified Bond Node to cluster.
• Let the Volume data it resync.
• Next Node needs to be removed and same process needs to be followed

Action Plan B :

• If there are no Active Volumes or no data exists in the Management Group / Cluster
• Remove the Volumes
• Remove the one Node
• Delete the existing cluster
• Remove nodes from the Management Group
• Once we delete the Bond and create a new bond with correct gateway to Network A(New)
• Create new Management Group and add the nodes in new Management Group
• Use the wizard to create cluster and create new volume.

Note : Plan B can be used if you don’t have any important data in Volumes and if you have only two nodes in management group.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company