New Discussion юеВ

Re: Manager Down

SOLVED
Go to solution
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Manager Down

Hello,

We've a P4330 node, at last lefthand version, with down manager but when we click on it, we get ability to stop manager.

The first time we got that error, we reboot node and management became OK after few minutes and few reboot.

We don't know how to definitly fix that problem. Does somebody ever get that kind of error?

Thanks for your help

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Mohamed_I
HPE Pro

Hi testmado662,

If we get the option to stop the manager, it means that the Node is running a manager. This alert comes if there is some network glitch or software issue on the node and it will report as Manager down. In those scenarios, restarting of the node will bring up the node and manager.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

That looks like a LeftHand problem. What's the best way to clear up that problem ? Reinstall lefthand from scratch ?

We can recover the node for few days after 4 or 5 reboot. We can't reboot both nodes because those P4000 are in Production.

Thanks for yopur help.

Regards

testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Does somebody knows where I could find documents in order to resolve my problem, P4000 replacement in an online frame, reinstall LeftHand on a P4000 node, ...

Thanks

Mohamed_I
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi testmado662,

You can refer the following article on instructions to perform the OS install on the Storevirtual systems

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03238767

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I'm downloading Storevirtual 12.5 in order to install a clean version of OS. I will extract the node to update it.

Thanks for your help

regards

testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I had a problem when I tried to suppress P4000 in order to reinstall Lefthand. If node is correctly out of MGT GRP (made from ILO Console). It keeps a ghost node in Cluster (See Snapshot). Is there a procedure to suppress that ghost node before to add new installed P400 ?

Thanks

2 - Copie.JPG

testmado662
Regular Advisor

hello,

I've completly recreated frame and all fixes are currently installed.

It seems working now.

Thanks.