4960 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Manager error message

Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Manager error message

Hi,

I'm getting an error in the CMC when logging in.  Anyone got any clues on how to fix this one:

The following systems report that they are running managers in a management group, but the management group thinks they are not running managers:

It then gives me a web address which to be honest is no help at all as it's just the address for the support portal.

Is there a procedure to fix this?

Thanks

Pete

15 REPLIES 15
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Which version of software are you running?

How many nodes? Is there a FOM?

What happens when you manually start or stop managers on some nodes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bart - again ;)

The problem seems to have developed somewhat - now the name of the node in the cluster has changed to just be the IP address and clicking to expand it says 'Could not find storage system with serial number RIP0-[MAC ADDRESS]'.

The node is appearing further up the list inside the management group but it doesn't look like it's part of the cluster any more.

The status says:

Storage System not ready: No Devices, Storage System No Device Groups

The feature registration tab says it's not licensed even though the licence key is correct.

I'm running Build 0163 v9.0.0.1 of the software and this problem has really confused me - but how do I recover from it?

Thanks

Pete

Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Update:

I did a 'Repair Storage System' and chose 'Storage System'.  Now the node is not in the management group but the status of it looks ok - does this mean I should be ok to try adding it back into the MG again?

Or will it cause problems because the old 'broken' entry is still showing as part of the cluster?

Thanks

Pete

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I never saw this problem before so I only cqn say what I should do in this case...

What worries me is that, if you add that node back in the MG, it will loose all data on it and data from the existing MG and CL will be sync'ed on it...

Are your volumes still online on the other nodes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Yes all the other volumes and nodes are fine - and the SAN volumes themselves are working because the affected node is part of the second site.

I tried adding to the MG again and it eventually came up saying it needed to be registered.  :(

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Registration is based on the MAC address of the first NIC... Does this mean the MAC address changed from the node? Seems not realistic...

Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bart,

Sorry - I just checked and the MAC looks the same?

Strange.

Pete

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

When you create a bond normally it takes the MAC address from the first NIC, but off course for Linux (and also Windows and ESX) what is the first NIC ? :smileyhappy:

Peter J West
Frequent Advisor

I'll remove the bond and see if it will add to the MG then.

Edit: I tried and still the problem is the same.