cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiSite

Xav0
Advisor

MultiSite

I have 2 P4500 G2 at each site, I need to make a replica of data from site 1 to 2?, I need any special license?, I knew that these teams already had all necessary licenses.

thanks for the support, greetings.
3 REPLIES
andre_muc
Occasional Advisor

Re: MultiSite

hi Xav0

if you purchase the multi-site san bundle (HP No. AT012A) you need no more licenses.

check the replication level of the volumes that you create for replication level
Xav0
Advisor

No I have 2 LH P4500 from 5TB to each site, and comes only with software licensing SAN / iQ, and my sites are within the same city but are not near each other
teledata
Respected Contributor

Are they on a GbE fiber connection, or are you looking to do asynchronous (point in time) snapshots?

You can do asynch replication (remote IP snapshots) to replicate data over virtually any WAN link (as long as you have enough bandwidth to complete your snapshots in less than the frequency recurrence time). Your clusters do NOT need to be in the same management group either. You must have a valid admin login and be able to manage both SANs from the CMC to configure the snapshots.

If you are talking about true multi-site cluster for high availability you have to create a multi-site cluster and MUST be on a GbE connection with average latency of 1-3ms
http://www.tdonline.com