StoreVirtual Storage
1748052 Members
4545 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

My CMC no longer sees my management group/lefthand storage.

DarrylS1

My CMC no longer sees my management group/lefthand storage.

I created an management group, LUN, Cluster, server et. al. and I have been able to access and use this storage via my VSphere 6.5 web client and ESXi hosts configured on it.  My Management console no longer sees this storage, however I can access the storage via my CLIQ interface.  I searched and have not been able to resolve this issue....any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Re: My CMC no longer sees my management group/lefthand storage.

I don't think this is the right forum - this is Nimble Storage.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
oikjn
Honored Contributor

CMC is jus a program interface.  If you installed it using CMC on one computer and this is on another computer you need to add at least one node in the cluster to the discovery search field in order to populate the management group in CMC.  Click find node and from there put in at least one node's IP address and once you log into that you should see everything.  If you cannot ping that node from the computer you are trying to run CMC from then either the node is offline or you have a routing issue going on (verify the nodes have good default gateways setup).

DarrylS1

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get the CMC to see the Manager by shutting off the Group via the CLI.

Thanks,
Darryl Stringfellow
M.C. Dean
703-374-8525 (Office)
703-801-1421 (Cell)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: M.C. Dean, Inc. and its subsidiaries considers this e-mail and any files transmitted with it to be protected, proprietary or privileged information intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). Any disclosure of this material or the information contained herein, in whole or in part, to anyone outside of the intended recipient or affiliates is strictly prohibited. M. C. Dean, Inc. accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information contained in it, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Employees of M.C. Dean, Inc. are instructed not to infringe on any rights of the recipient; any such communication violates company policy. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken or omitted in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited by M.C. Dean, Inc.; please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.
Ravi_K
HPE Pro

hi Darryl

Shutting down Management Group or nodes for a cosmetic issue of nodes not being visible to CMC but vols up and running is extreme. In future , you may just get support to restart Hydra service on the nodes which are not visible to resolve it. Hydra is a service used as eyes by CMC to see the storage, if the service is hung or down for some reason, respective nodes become not visible in CMC.

Regards

Ravi

Accept or Kudo