New Discussion юеВ

Re: New P4500 G2 Setup

SOLVED
Go to solution
doubleH
Regular Advisor

New P4500 G2 Setup

Howdy,

Just bought a 4 node Multi-Site P4500 G2 setup. I'm just learning everything and so far I can't find any documentation (other than the VSA material) that can answer my question.

When I power on an array, type "start", TCPIP Settings. Do I need to assign an IP address to both nics? I'm not sure if I will be using link aggregation or ALB yet (i will be using the LH SAN for a vShpere 4.0 U1 environment), but will that impact the answer to this question as well?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

You just need to add an IP address to 1 NIC. You will be able to do the advanced setup (like ALB) through the CMC once you access the node.

You'll be able to choose whatever one you decide at that time, which will depend on your environment. (We currently use VSphere 4.0 and have all our nodes set with ALB, just FYI.)

doubleH
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the quick response. One last question for this thread...how long does it take the for the array to complete it's parity setup when first powered on. It's been over a days for the first node?

I'm looking in CMC, Hardware, Hardware Information. Under RAID it says "parity initialization in progress"

Thanks!
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

It depends on the type of parity you chose. It can take a while. I can't really give you a good estimate. Think of it the same way as when you scrub a new RAID-5 or RAID-6 array. Depending on how many drives and how large it is, it can take quite a while.

That's basically what is being done while you wait.
doubleH
Regular Advisor

thanks