1748236 Members
3626 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nic Flow control issus - Lefthand

samaoas
Frequent Advisor

Nic Flow control issus - Lefthand

I have enabled Nic flow control in p4000. but after enabling it get disabled automatically.
how to enable nic flow control in p4000??
what is the best practise in network to place the p4000?? is it needed to create a separate vlan on the switch ports where p4000 nics ae connected ?
best practises document is required.
10 REPLIES 10
Jim Silvia
Advisor

You need to enable it on your switches if you haven't done so already.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01750150/c01750150.pdf
kghammond
Frequent Advisor

You also need to enable flow control on the nic's when they are *not* bonded. If they are bonded, you need to break the bond, enable flow control, then rebond the nic's.
Todd Bowden
Valued Contributor

When you have a NIC Bonded on a P4000 node, what happens when you break the bond and then re-bond? Storage should still be available, right?

TIA
Todd
Jay Cardin
Frequent Advisor

If you have two storage nodes and the volumes are network RAID 10, you will only see a 1 or 2 second blip in the connection. Be aware that the storage nodes will need to resync the volumes so you need to wait for that to complete before you recreate the bond. If you don't wait, the LUNs will drop.
Haderach

I have same problem - I'm not able to set Flow control to "ON". When i set it "ON", after couple of seconds of "thinking" all seems to be OK, but parameter is still "OFF".
This is truth on all nodes under SANiQ 9.0.00.3561.0 ...
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you have to break the NIC bonding. Then you will be able to enable flow control.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
DamonRod

I have also encountered this issue. I have broken the bond, made sure that any replication is finished (none in my case) and the changed Flow Control to ON. It looks like it applies but when it goes back it says that it is OFF. We are using software revision 9.0.00.3561.0. I have also verified that the Network Admin has turned on Flow Control on the switch side.
teledata
Respected Contributor

If I remember correctly, I ran in to this as well. You may have to make the 2nd NIC active, and give it a valid IP address before the FLOW controls would "stick"..

Then when you recreate the bond it will consolidate the NICs to use a single IP address
http://www.tdonline.com
Jitun
HPE Pro

Please restart the Node and check if the setting changes.

Enable flow control on individual nics and then create a bond.
Flow control will show as off on a bond even though it is working.
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo