4095 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P4000 HP-Lefhand VSA laptop demo - License

SOLVED
Go to solution
xperttech

P4000 HP-Lefhand VSA laptop demo - License

Am I mistaken or did I miss a step and did not get a trial demo license for my VSA?

I have installed and all went beautifully well until I created a volume and was presented with a storage limitation of 4.9Gb. I was able to circumvent the limitation and created a thin-provisioned 100Gb volume, but when actually started throwing some test data into the volume, it stopped at 4.9Gb and reported volume full.

My understanding is that this VSA was a fully-working 60-day trial with no limits. Even more, I also read that after the trial period one could continue using it after blowing away the configuration and starting over another trial period.

What am I doing wrong?

-xt
4 REPLIES 4
teledata
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: P4000 HP-Lefhand VSA laptop demo - License

It sounds like your virtual RAID isn't setup correctly.

Did you present the storage virtual disks as SCSI address 1:0. 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4?

How large and how many vmdks did you attach to the VSA?
http://www.tdonline.com
xperttech

Teledata:

Thanks for your answer. I realized I had the default 7.3Gb vmdk (disk2 array0.vmdk).

I don't know if I did the right thing. Instead of adding a new drive, I expanded it to 100Gb. Was this correct?

Now, I don't know how to make the VSA recognize the usable space.

-xt
teledata
Respected Contributor

Hmmm... You could try to "Reconfigure RAID". but be aware you will loose all data in the volume(s).

The VSA is not meant to be dynamically expanded... The virtual disks should be setup with the proper size before you boot it up for the first time.

You could always delete the virtual disks and recreate them....
http://www.tdonline.com
xperttech

You were right!

I ended up removing the array0.vmdk (disk2) booting up the VSA to disengage the volume by error-ing out because reconfiguring RAID did not work.

Shutdown the VSA, re-added disk2 with 100Gb on SCSI id 1:0 and after reconfiguring it all, it worked fine with no restrictions.

...back to testing.

Many thanks!

-xt