3529 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4300 node - Manager Starting/Stopping

ECCL
Occasional Advisor

P4300 node - Manager Starting/Stopping

Hi,

I've got a two node P4300 with FOM, the second node stopped working today with the status -  Storage System not ready, Manager Starting/Stopping

Hardware is checking out fine, but whenever I try to remove it from the management group or even the cluster I get the message - could not find the system with serial number (mac address)

This rogue node is pingable.

Any thoughts? I can always restore the node via the recovery disk as it's not in production, but i'd rather not.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Emilo
Trusted Contributor

So you cant see the SAN in the CMC?

What version of the CMC?

Stopped working??

When you say you cant remove it from the management group are you trying to do it with the node powered off?

ECCL
Occasional Advisor

Can see the SAN, the problem is with one node that either goes offline or simply won't start the manager. Today I've managed to reset it to default, and put it back into the SAN cluster but the Manager (on the node) says stopping/starting.

I've now logged a call with HP.

Carlos Dubon
Frequent Visitor

HP solve you the problem? I have the same issue

ECCL
Occasional Advisor

Hi Carlos, just replied to your other post, but turning off jumbo frames has fixed the problem. The P4300 has been rock solid since.

zaragozam
Occasional Visitor

Thanks ECCL. I had exactly the same problem. I resolved it by disabling jumbo frames. (Thanks !)

In my case I was setting up a new P4300G2 , 2-node cluster.

So, now the CMC allowed me to create the Management Group.

I wonder if it would be possible to enable Jumbo Frames now the Management group has been built.

I will let you know. But thanks for the solution.