5443 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P4300 "Cache 1" Backup Power Source (Batteries) Status = 'Faulty'

Soulmaker
Occasional Contributor

P4300 "Cache 1" Backup Power Source (Batteries) Status = 'Faulty'

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with my current issue. We do have this warning message on our management console saying ""Cache 1" Backup Power Source (Batteries) Status = 'Faulty'". We have recently replace the cache battery of the array controller. but still getting the same warning message,  Any idea why?

7 REPLIES 7
ThanhDatVo
Advisor

Hello Soulmaker,

Did the error disappear after you replaced the battery and did it return? Or has it never disappeared in the first place?

If the error was resolved & came back with the new battery, you might need to replace the cache module since it's likely faulty.

If the error never disappeared after the battery replacement, you might need to reconfigure RAID on this storage node through the management console. Also check the firmware version. It's probably outdated.

Kind regards,

Thanh Dat Vo

Macros
Occasional Advisor

That happened a few times to me if I didn't completely remove power to the node when I swapped the batteries.  There's also a possibility you received a bad replacement.

Soulmaker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thanh, Yes the error disappear for maybe 1hr and appears again. cache module do you mean the whole PCI board that is the battery is connected to?

Soulmaker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marcos, What you do you mean by removing the power to the node? We've change this battery when the server if off and power cord is unplugged.

ThanhDatVo
Advisor

Yes, i'm guessing the PCI cache module is faulty and needs to be replaced.
But it's also possible that you received a bad battery since it only disappeared for one hour.

Are your LUN's high available & configured in network raid 10? If so, you could try rebuilding the RAID on this node. Others with similar issues had theirs resolved after rebuilding the RAID.
If that doesn't work, i'd log a case with HPE and let them check the export & check the logs.

I also always power off the node entirely before replacing any parts. I don't think the cache battery is hot swappable.

Soulmaker
Occasional Contributor

Any other had encounter this? Unfortunately, We are still having this issue.
Prismi
Occasional Visitor

Hi,
We have the same error .
Do you have resolved the problem ? If yes howto ?

Thanks