4532 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4330 (B4E17A) controler error

testmado662
Regular Advisor

P4330 (B4E17A) controler error

Hello,

Few months ago we had an incident about a firmware bug of P4330 controller. HP gave us a patch for this issue.
Does somebody gets a same problem ?
I don't know why that patch is not included inside the last SPP version.

Recently we had the same problem on a node without the controller patch. If during the first incident, node out of order didn't switch. With the last issue nodes were in 12.6. During the first issue, HP explains non switching, by an old lefthand version.
If I saw controller error in ILO Log and SNMP log platform. I don't get any log in CMC Event Log. When I'm trying to export MG Support Bundle, log about nodes and FOM are empty. Error message is, "Couldn't create nsm support info Failed to collect events.log., lhn/public/system/info/vloggen/"

Does somebody knows, how to recover complete log on CMC?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
peyrache
Respected Contributor

hello
Export support bundle
Assen
HPE Pro

Hi,

try to reboot the Storage node with the controller error if not done so allready and try again to export the MG Bundle when the node comes back.

If the contrller has an error there is no way you can create a bundle from the node or MG.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Export Bundle don't work. As I wrote in my first post I get an error and logs are empty.

Somebody how can I do to recover data from export bundle ?

Node with contoller issue was rebooted and cluster came back OK. This was not an hardware error but a microcode error. The same we got few months ago with an other node of same type (P4330).

Thanks

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> Few months ago we had an incident about a firmware bug of P4330 controller. HP gave us a patch for this issue.
>> Does somebody gets a same problem ?
>> I don't know why that patch is not included inside the last SPP version.

This is probably a Proliant DL360 Gen8, in this case probably a HP Smart Array P420i.

The latest SPP 2017.04 for Gen8 servers has firmware 8.00 for the smartarray. This is still the latest version.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212599&swItemId=MTX_39bc669f6f5846c78fac50f654&swEnvOid=4103

What versions do you have?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Bundle export is truncated for this Mgt Group and I get an error in log files of FOM and 2 Storevirtual "Couldn't create nsm support info Failed to collect events.log., lhn/public/system/info/vloggen/"

I don't know how could I do to recover the complete event log of our last event. Without those logs i ciuldn't understand what happened.

Regards

testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello Torsten,

The storevirtual with a controler error has now the lastest version of firmware 8.00 and last SPP installed on 2 nodes of this Cluster. There was a previous version installed durind the issue, 7.02. As you can see below ILO log correctly Controller error but nothing was logged on CMC event log or Bundle export.

RegardsILO Panne Controleur FIN2 - 1.JPG

testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hi,

After a reboot of 2 SAN, I could export Bundle.

Does we need tool to operate logs or this could be made with Excel ?

I don't recover the CMC event log of last incident. Is there something to do to recover all the CMC event Logs ?

Thanks