1748076 Members
5211 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4500 Controllers - management access locked out

Kevin.Meany
Advisor

P4500 Controllers - management access locked out

Long story short I have 2 P4500 controllers are locked out from access. They were part of a management group that was deleted but these 2 were not deleted successfully. The problem now is they won't accept any login from the CMC, nor am I successful doing a password reset from the console with the LHN key. I don't care about anything on them so is there any other way I can get them reset to defaults and then re-discover them to put them into a new management group/cluster with the other controllers and get them back online.

thanks,
Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Have you thought about re-imaging them with the restore DVD?
Kevin.Meany
Advisor

Yes, that was one of the directions I was thinking of heading towards. I just wasn't sure about the license key process you need to have for the thumb drive for that procedure. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something simpler with the support console that could be done, or some other way.

Thanks,

Kevin
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, you do need to have the license key on a stick and it must be in a format the DVD wants to see.
But I think it is the best time to work out the details and try it out _now_, as long as the system is not in use. Then store the stick with all the keys away.
Kevin.Meany
Advisor

I did the recovery CD but had to type the licenses in by had as I was doing it all remotely through ILO, but it worked and all 4 controllers back online now.

thanks,