4965 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

P4500 G2 Upgrade OS to 12.5

aussupoort
Occasional Advisor

P4500 G2 Upgrade OS to 12.5

HI All,

I got two P4500 G2 SAN and installed the latest CMC (12.6) but there is no options to upgrade?

san.png

Also when i select stay with the current OS and looking for patches asking to upgrade the 10Gb cards so how do i do this with two nodes? look like its required the reboot?

san1.png

This is an iso file also forgot the ILO username and password?

As

3 REPLIES 3
Stor_Mort
HPE Pro

Re: P4500 G2 Upgrade OS to 12.5

1. iLO login information is printed on a tag attached to the storage node, or you can press F8 during boot to log in to the iLO management console to add a new account.

2. Apply all patches and 9.5 updates before upgrading to 10.5.

3. To upgrade, close the CMC.  Add these two lines to %HOMEPATH%\.storage_system\preferences.txt

CmcUpgradePreference.useOldUpgrades=true

CmcSystemPreference.supportMode=true

4. Open the CMC and go to the Support Upgrades tab. Upgrade to 10.5. Close the CMC when done.

5. Open the CMC again. Upgrade to 11.5 and 12.5.

6. Do not attempt to upgrade P4000 G2 systems to 12.6, it is unsupported and does not work as expected.

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo

aussupoort
Occasional Advisor

HI HP Pro,

Is that ok to go ahead and install the patches without install the 10GB NIC Firmware? ( Look my second Screen)

AS

Stor_Mort
HPE Pro

No. The early 10Gb firmware behaves very badly with the newer drivers. It is necessary to update the NIC firmware by burning a CD or using iLO virtual media to boot the update media before moving on the the CMC updates.

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo