1753495 Members
4426 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P4500 G2 restarts

Paul_B1
Visitor

P4500 G2 restarts

Hi, I have inherited a cluster that has a couple of P4500G2s, one of which that by all accounts seems to restart on a fortnightly basis of its own accord. The event logged in CMC that relates to this states:

"The storage system 'SAN2' status in cluster 'ClusterX' is not ready"

As noted, this happens every 2 weeks so seems to not be a random event. Can anyone give me any pointers as to what may be causing this restart?

3 REPLIES 3
Assen
HPE Pro

Re: P4500 G2 restarts

Hi Paul,

could you please elaborate a bit more on the issue?

Does the Node realy restarts? (see uptime)

What happens after node reports not ready? Does it come back ready after a while, or do you intervent somehow (reboot node, etc.)?

What version of Storevirtual OS is running?

BR

Assen

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Paul_B1
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, the node really restarts. An issue we have faced is that sometimes it fails to fully restart and requires manual intervention to start but this is rare. CMC is version 10.5.

Fran_delaTorre
HPE Pro

Hello Paul,

if your CMC is version 10.5 then I'm afraid your P4500 G2 are maximum SAN/IQ 10.5 which is out of support long time ago.

Bases on my experience those storage node will not be patched correctly neither.

So my recommendation is you to update to latest supported Lefthand OS version and apply all available patches once this is done you should not see any "not ready" message on your nodes.

Francisco de la Torre Rodriguez
EMEA LHN CoE Engineer

Accept or Kudo