1753436 Members
4469 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P4500 Upgrade

Alan123456
Occasional Contributor

P4500 Upgrade

We have P4500 which is currently on SAN/IQ 8.1, and would like to upgrade to the latest version 10.

The environment consists of 2 sites, 2 nodes in each site, with a FOM on each site, with snap shot replication between the 2.

It is also a VM environment.

I would shut down all VM's and pause all replication before the upgrade.

What is the best way to do this, considering it has not had any updates since 2010.

Would it be best to use HP SUM, then updathe SAN/IQ operating system, followed by the nodes?

Would HP SUM update the Ilo and the Bios, or only the Ilo?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual / HP LeftHand Storage - HP Forums moderator

4 REPLIES 4
KurtG
Regular Advisor

G1 models does not support SanIQ 10 but it would be possible to go to 9.5. (I'm assuming that you are running G1 as you have the 8.5 version).

Also recomend that you read the releasenotes for the 9.0 and 9.5 version

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03565136/c03565136.pdf

KurtG

Alan123456
Occasional Contributor

Thanks KurtG,  if i download the updates, update CMC first, and then the nodes, would that update include the Ilo / Bios etc? or would i have to do this separately.

KurtG
Regular Advisor

Couldn't say 100% but some components (i.e. 10GB nic) must be done by cd/usb/ilo and others (i.e disk fw) is done by CMC.

So fare the only thing I have had to do by iso/usb/ilo is the 10GB nic but there might be componets I'm no aware of. 

Sorry for not beeing able to be more spesific ;-)

KurtG

KurtG
Regular Advisor

Acctually there is a good document regarding this found on the SPOCK website (www.hp.com/storage/spock) 

KurtG