StoreVirtual Storage
1751762 Members
5889 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4500 Used the iLO port for Management??

Simon Paynton

P4500 Used the iLO port for Management??

Hello

We have a pair of P4500 and each has x2 Gig ports that I am going to split across x2 switchs, this is all good working etc.

Now I want to manage the device from my management network, so ideally I would like to use the iLO port as iLO and managament (both will be same subnet). I have changed the iLO port to shared in the bios, but CSC still only shows two interfaces, can anybody tell me how (or if) I can use the iLO port as a management port also.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
teledata
Respected Contributor

I don't believe that the SAN/iQ Software has support to use a shared iLO port for the P4000 SAN.
http://www.tdonline.com
Simon Paynton

Thats a bit of a shame (and waste), guess I will have to allow our management network access to the SAn VLAN (I was hoping to keep it totally apart).
IainS
Frequent Advisor

I have to agree, I was pretty disappointed when I realised that CSC has to be on the iSCSI network. Really just wanted that network to be solely for iSCSI traffic but it seems there is no option.

I had assumed the iLO port would be also for CSC but turned out to not be the case. Bit of an oversight in my view.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

"iLO Shared Network Port", as the feature is called, means that the iLO gets an alternate link to the servers main NIC (with a separate MAC address). Imagine there is a mini-switch between the main NIC, the iLO NIC and the physical NIC port.
It is meant to reduce network cabeling.