StoreVirtual Storage
1752794 Members
5678 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSOD in StoreVirtual code (psp_LH.c:1109) after updating to latest ESXi 6.5 and HP bundle releas

ComboIT
Occasional Visitor

PSOD in StoreVirtual code (psp_LH.c:1109) after updating to latest ESXi 6.5 and HP bundle releases

Hi, after updating one of our BL460c Gen10 blades to the latest release of ESXi 6.5 and HP utility/driver bundles we've seen two PSODs that seem to indicate a problem in the StoreVirtual code (referencing psp_LH.c:1109). The most recent PSOD occured when running a rescan on the software iSCSI adaptor - a painful experience for me as the host was running a half dozen Citrix VMs at the time.

See screenshot here - https://imgur.com/a/cdKbVKo

Anyone seeing similar / have any ideas?

Thanks,

David

7 REPLIES 7
ComboIT
Occasional Visitor

Re: PSOD in StoreVirtual code (psp_LH.c:1109) after updating to latest ESXi 6.5 and HP bundle releas

Clarifying - this BL460c Gen10 blade was running ESXi 6.5U2 without any noticeable problems before updating to the latest ESXi 6.5 build / HP bundle. The HP LH MEM driver is installed and up to date as far as I know (hpe-lh-mem-6.5.0-12.6.0.20-offline_bundle-4967036).

Mohamed_I
HPE Pro

Hi Team,

PSOD issues require extensive troubleshooting and log analysis. Please open a support case with the HPE VMWare team with a valid VMWare Software SAID and they will be able to assist with the cause of the PSOD

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
erwinbre
Occasional Advisor

Hi ComboIT,

I am facing the exact same problem with the HP LH MEM 6.7 driver.

Did you ever resolve this error?

Thanks,

Erwin

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

I'm facing the same issue .

ESXi 6.7 , the host goes PSOD each time is rebooted

Mohamed_I
HPE Pro

Hi Stefano,

PSOD issues require extensive troubleshooting and log analysis. Please open a support case with the HPE VMWare team with a valid VMWare Software SAID and they will be able to assist with the cause of the PSOD.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
TobiasOed

We experience the same issue with esx 6.7u2 and hp-lh-mem (both 6.5 and 6.7 versions)

This is 100% reproductible (psod on reboot), so hp should be able to fix it

StevenBrsM
Occasional Visitor

Same problem here

ESXi 6.7U2, hpe-lh-mem module

PSOD's

and some servers cannot mount several VSA datastores after reboot (multiple identifiers as in https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2148265)